Monday, August 22, 2011

Solution to Decorating Dilemma

As explained in the previous post, there is this dilemma that the cakes with the fanciest decorations are often not very tasty. A beautiful cake that tastes just ok defeats the purpose of a cake.  When I do decorate, I like pre-made decorations or things like strawberries and chocolate shavings.
As I was finishing that post, it popped into my head what I should learn so that my confections are equally delicious and eye catching--

Chocolate sculpting. That is the answer.  Instead of shaping petals out of plastic tasting sugar dough, I need to learn how to do it out of chocolate.  Truffle filled chocolate roses anyone?

In reality, it's not a solution.  I would never use it because it takes way too much time.  I like things that get a lot of bang for your buck.  Chocolate drizzled in diagonal lines instantly makes something fancy and difficult.  And it takes all of 2 minutes (this theory is solidly supported by the reactions to the cake I made for a cookout on Saturday).
It's possible that I'll give it a try sometime just for the heck of it.  That's the sort of thing I do when I get bored, try new crafts. Once I know how, I have the option of making it, even though I never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment