Friday, February 18, 2011

Small Town

On November 29th my husband and I moved to a small town of 4000 people in the middle of the desert. Marty had graduated, got a job, so we moved. I considered this moving to "real life" with Marty being the primary bread winner. For the first time I was going to live to someplace unfamiliar, with no family but Marty, where I didn't know anybody. I would most likely be facing that no matter where we moved. Moving to Blanding meant that on top of that, the nearest Wal-Mart is 90 minutes. The nearest international airport is 5 hours. Just a reminder, I grew up within 20 minutes of at least 4 malls. I probably would have been more comfortable in NYC than I was here. But in NYC I would not be living in an adorable 3 bedroom brick rambler! There are advantages to a small town.

That move was a whole 2 1/2 months ago! I'm adjusting and I rather like our situation here. However, almost everyday I'm reminded how small this town is. There are all sorts of little things I find odd and entertaining. I know a lot of people won't share my amusement because that is their normal, different senses of humor, etc.... But that's one of the great things about a blog, you don't have to read it. And, let's be honest, who am I writing for anyway? I do hope that at least my mom reads my posts even if I am writing for myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment